Tell your friends and family that this is the gold standard for private communications.
Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 5.2
This update is filled with dozens of changes! Here are a few highlights:
• Adjust your media download preferences to control when attachments get downloaded (Settings > Data Usage).
• We added support for longer group names in languages like Hindi where the previous limit was too small.
• We raised the group call limit from 5 to 8, so now you can call it even.
• Share something funny from other apps with multiple Signal chats at the same time.
• Use the optional shortcut to enable a shareable group link when you create a new group.
• Additional file attachments can now be opened right from within the app.
• Now you can easily see the latest Signal profile photo that your contacts have chosen, but we added an option to always show system profile photos if you prefer the old behavior (or start to miss the blurry photo of them from 9 years ago that has travelled across multiple SIM cards).
• Video quality and size improvements.
• We fixed a bug that prevented iPad users from tapping Send when sharing content from other apps, and another bug that prevented WebP images from sending properly on iOS 14.
Interested in helping improve Signal? We're hiring. Visit https://signal.org/workworkwork to learn more.
Signal Messenger, LLC
VPP Device Licensing
Rated 12+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
iOS 11.0 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi + Cellular), iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
Il faut ajouter les status, We must add the status
Best user interface and app...
Simple to setup and simple to use. Designed with users need in mind..you can easily migrate all your WhatsApp group to signal. Create a Signal group, send that link to WhatsApp group and boom all users can move it by clicking that link ..
Ajoutez l’option statut svp
One of the best messenger i used and i love it
It’s so easy too use for users and very very good for me and my friends too share private information with us
Thank for all
This app is going to be my best messenger one more update please let it recognize the number out side US as I can’t locate international number from other countries.
Please add delete message for me and you in your new update like telegram thank you ♥️🙏🏻
I hope it is all accurate what I am stating here. From my research it shows that Signal is an ethical company that does not sell or use our personal information like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram does. Once I do more research I will shut down all other accounts. I trust the honesty and integrity of Signal. Try it out yourself.
It’s a great app honestly but i wish I could see when my friends are online and i wish you have stories you will be getting alot of WhatsApp users and that is the main thing we all ganna miss please let us add stories aka status so we can post funny videos and pics just like whatsapp it don’t have to be exactly like whatsapp but please it hard to make my friends stay when it’s this boring ‼️‼️😩😩😩😩
Very convenient and easy to use! Most importantly no ads, no fees and no data sharing!
Signal is hands down the best messaging app if you value privacy, it has all the same features as other messaging apps with the added flavor of security and privacy. I highly recommend this app to everyone that currently uses WhatsApp, as WhatsApp will begin sharing your personal data with Facebook effective Feb 2021. Everyone should use this app instead!
If this is the real deal I am very happy especially with the world today!!!!!
The app would be even better if it had multiple device support. I have both iOS and Android and would like to view and reply messages on both.
The makers of Twitter say they preserve your privacy and are elated that they took down their competitors platform while taking all your information.
Don’t do it.
1-When the application is closed and we receive a video call ..it does not ring like the audio call but only vibrates with a notification.
It would be hard to know whether someone
is trying to reach us by video call.
2-Integrating the time stamp of last online
would be appreciated
3-Although there is a tool how to integrate
WhatsApp messages to the Signal app...
An application to properly download all chats
(Including photos and chats)from WhatsApp
would be greatly appreciated.
4-Once all the above materialised we would
no longer need WhatsApp and new era would
start where we will use a strongly encrypted and privacy oriented communication tool.
Otherwise I congratulate everyone who was
involved in the Signal App
The app is cool but right now everyone is running off WhatsApp and you people will have a lot of users so you guys need to put in more work like creating space for stories for people to share video or picture on lastly please add something that let us know when a user is online
It’s pretty fast and good...
But there is a problem, that you can’t see large preview of others profile photo... when you click on it, just bring you “add contact” screen for one who you already have in your contacts.. please fix it soon
When trying to send a photo or a video it crashes on an iPad, either by pressing the plus button or directly sharing from the photos app
Ich kann nicht anrufen.
Here everything is ok 🌺
Forwarding multiple messages is difficult also to multiple recipients; you have to do one at a time. So far happy with rest. Moved many friends to Signal. I plan to stop WhatsApp in a month. Screw Zuckerberg.
Signal Update Suggestions
These are a few simple but crucial suggestions to be considered for Signal's future updates.
* #Fix You can not send stickers as a reply
* #Fix You can not change the chat's background
* #Fix The UI for sending general media literally needs to be improved, Check Telegram's for example
* #Fix You can not forward multiple messages at the same time
* #Fix While Using iPad on the latest iPadOS as may sharing a file to signal seems possible it cracks at the end and does not allow the user to share the file
* #Fix emoji UI is neither very interactive nor smooth, So it needs to be reconsidered
* #add Gifs
* #Fix sometimes you need to update the contacts manually to sync the newly joined ones, It should be all automatic
* #add The UI is very futuristic and while some users enjoy it some may find it ugly or weird, A simple alternative would be a good option in settings
* #add Editing sent messages
* #add deleting messages without alerting the receiver(s)
* #Fix While Using iPad on the latest iPadOS When a user's profile picture is tapped instead of showing the picture in full screen mode, The contact app is opened
* #add an option to invite a user to a video/voice call
* #add an option to make stickers in the mobile app
* #improve the app's animations e.g. user is typing animation
It’s really good for calling but i hate it when i text someone and i delete it and it says the message was deleted! If i wanted others to know I delete my messages I wouldn’t deleted them in the first place!!!!
Best of the best Massager
I might have missed it but is there a version of this for the Apple Watch?
I can’t use ring tones as my message notification tone. This needs fixed.
Signal is 5/5 stars for security, but I use the call/video function often and I would like to see the ability to flip the camera for both you and the other person to landscape mode (similar to current WhatsApp video function). Also, the ability to make either your video screen or the other person’s video screen big or small (also similar to current WhatsApp video function). A few of my calls failed while using the app. I downloaded Signal because I was looking for a messaging company I can trust, and so far, so good on that front. I really enjoy the simplicity of the application. That being said, there are definitely opportunities for improvement.
חלופה לוואטסאפ מעולה עם 99% מהתכונות תוך שמירה על פרטיות
Signal is the best 💕 Please add status feature and I promise we will kick whatsapp off the market ...
thanks 🙏 for the good work signal
I deleted my whatsapp and now here ❤️
good app . asome
Fantastic app! I can’t wait to see what this app becomes in the future.
Been using Signal for years. Absolutely love it. More companies need to follow their lead and start making end-to-end encryption standard on all calls & texts.
We need the editing option the same as some other apps
i love that u can download custom stickers
It is ease of use. Wonder if it works for oversea contact?
Status should be added,
To make it fun
I like the application, I feel it complete, the only thing that is missing and it is very necessary to go completely to it are the states or stories that are deleted every 24 hours.
Not allow calling only text messages
هناك مشكلة في عملية الاتصال
I love this app I wish there will be a status to
Thank you for creating this perfect app
Cuz this app is so cool and I’m not worry about my personal info anymore
I have to say that your app is much better than what’s app
But i think you should add some features like Instagram story in your app
Keep the good work Acton and never give up
Is clearly being paid by Facebook, doesn’t actually have a privacy or security concern that is of any importance to them, or is wowed by pretty colors and emoji’s! Nothing is better than Signal and it gets better every day. Nothing is 1000% secure but this is pretty close. If someone can hack into your Signal encrypted chat you are in serious serious trouble because a major government agency or elite hacker is out to get you, or you somehow left your phone open with the passcode written in your notes with a big sign that says SIGNAL Passcode!
Just Use it!
Can you pls add status